Ideal Market Recipes
Coconut-Rum Grilled Shrimp
1 1⁄2lbs shrimp (peeled & deveined)
1⁄3cup coconut rum
2tablespoons brown sugar
1 1⁄2teaspoons ginger (fresh-grated)
1 1⁄2tablespoons lime juice
1teaspoon lime zest
1 1⁄2tablespoons soy sauce
3 garlic cloves (minced)
- In a glass dish, combine shrimp, rum, brown sugar, ginger, lime juice, zest, soy, and garlic; cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade, thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Grill shrimp, basting with reserved marinade and turning them once, until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Slide shrimp from skewers, shrimp can be served hot or warm.
Grill BBQ Chicken Wings
2lbs chicken wings
½ cup barbecue sauce*
¼ cup barbecue sauce reserved for basting
Note: Any kind of BBQ sauce will work. Use your favorite BBQ sauce from any Ideal Market stores.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss raw chicken wings in BBQ sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer on the grill, baste with BBQ sauce.
- Flip the wings every 5 minutes, basting in between.
- Cook for 25-30 mins or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F when measured with a meat thermometer.
Note: We’ve provided information for re-creation purposes. But remember – we’re cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider.